5 Reasons To Travel Off The Beaten Path.

л

Travelling off the beaten path doesn’t necessarily mean that you have to go out there in search of an island that nobody has ever heard of before. It’s simply choosing to explore beautiful places that usually don’t get as much hype as Paris and the likes.

Also, it’s very important to choose destinations not because they are popular, but because they have the kind of environment you’ve always wanted to be in.

Like if I was given the opportunity to visit either London or Cappadocia, I’d choose the latter because of how much I adore nature! 🙂

Here are a couple of reasons why you should consider travelling off the beaten path:

1. Less crowded.

Nobody likes crowds.

2. Way cheaper.

Mostly if it’s within your region.

3. Authentic experience.

These places have very few expats living there and therefore the experience you get is quite raw. From the cuisines, to the interactions you’ll have with the locals and everything else in between.

4. Everything is fresher.

The air. The food. More like a little bit of heaven.

5. Feels more like home.

Off-the-beaten-path destinations are usually calmer, quieter, peaceful and more private than popular tourist spots.

Always be kind.

Dee.

Advertisements

10 Comments Add yours

1. 6. Most of the times, it’s cheaper 😉

1. Diana Ratemo says:

Just like number 2! :p ❤

2. visit ciao-chicago.com says:

Yes, so much cheaper!

1. Diana Ratemo says:

No one wants to break the bank now, right? 🙂 ❤

3. John says:

I agree with most, but completely and utterly disagree with the last, though that is only the quip (Feels more like home). The more popular sights often have such modern infrastructure that I feel like I traveled halfway around the world to see a Neo-New York!

1. Diana Ratemo says:

Hahah… I totally get you, John. 🙂 But then there are also a couple of towns that are pretty calm and quiet yet they have so much to offer.

4. Good reasons! That’s how you really see a place!

1. Diana Ratemo says:

Hey Bruno! 🙂 Glad you agree. Thanks for reading!

5. soturisoiree says:

Totally agree ! Just went to Costa Rica in the country side and had an amazing humbling experience !!

1. Diana Ratemo says:

Costa Rica?!? 😮 Oh, I’d love to go there someday! Hope you enjoyed your stay… I can only imagine how good it was. ❤