My second home. Been living here for five years now as a student and I’ve experienced all sorts of emotions from heartbreak to having the best time of my life. But that’s a post for another day. For now, here are a few fun facts about Russia:
1. At 17 million km², Russia is the largest country in the world (bigger than pluto).
2. As of 2015, it has an estimated population of 144 million people.
3. The word “vodka” comes from the Russian word “voda”, which means water.
4. Russia extends across 9 time zones and has 75% of its land in Asia.
5. In Russia, New Year is celebrated twice, according to the Gregorian and Julian calendars.
Always be kind.